In this episode of Better People, Better Business, Andrew has a conversation with Shane Hatton.
Shane is a Queenslander by birth, Melbournian by choice, curious by nature and creative at heart. He has spent the last decade developing remarkable leaders, teams and cultures.
He is an expert in leader communication, blending his experience in business and psychology to help leaders communicate, connect and collaborate more effectively in order to bring out the best in those they lead. Shane is passionate about helping leaders have the conversations they need to create the teams they want.
As a speaker, coach and trainer, Shane has partnered with some of Australia’s most well-known and loved businesses across the public, private and not-for-profit sectors.
His coaching helps individuals and teams better understand what makes them exceptional and how they can leverage that to achieve individual and collective outcomes.
Shane is a Gallup-Certified Strengths Coach and author of two books; ‘Let’s Talk Culture – The Conversations You Need to Create the Team You Want’ and ‘Lead The Room – Communicate a Message That Counts in Moments That Matter’.
Andrew and Shane have a conversation about how culture helps make better people, better business. They share a range of practical ideas and tips on how you can look at and work on your culture. They talk about:
- Shane’s findings from his survey of more than 1,000 middle managers about organizational culture.
- Busting myths and misunderstandings about culture.
- Shane’s insights into what culture is.
- How we can build and create the culture we want to attract and retain people.
- Why getting support with conversations and work on culture can be important to successfully creating the culture you want.
With all organisations facing talent shortages, retention challenges and “quiet quitting”, this podcast is essential listening to help you.
You can find out more and connect with Shane at: