In this episode of Better People, Better Business, Andrew has a conversation with Dr Richard Hodge.
Dr Richard Hodge develops and teaches systems approaches to some of the hardest problems the world faces today. He shows people that no problem is too big for them to act and leave the world better for what they’ve done to assure progress on ecological, social and governance outcomes. He runs his own practice – This Century Leadership and Governance – engaging with people and business as a teacher, author and mentor.
Andrew and Richard have a conversation about the role values and systems play in making business better. They take a deep look at the role values play in both our individual lives and in businesses, and how the values you are working to will come through in your decisions and outcomes (even if they are not the written or spoken values you work to).
- Richard’s work on systems and how that intersects with better people, better business
- The opportunity values alignment represents for businesses and individuals right now
- How values, morals and ethics shine through decisions and the outcomes they produce
- A case study of a major airline and the example they are setting for other organisations around values and systems thinking right now
- An approach to thinking and decision making you can implement to help make your people and your business better
This conversation is insightful and deeply useful for anyone leading a business or organisation.
You can connect with Dr Richard Hodge and learn more about his work at: