In this episode, Senior Consultant Chris Burbidge has a conversation with Andrew about the question he hears from clients week in, week out.
Chris began his career on the tools, as a tradesperson. He worked his way up to senior leadership roles in the oil and gas and resource sectors before joining TDG as a Senior Consultant.
As a leader on many of TDG’s projects, the common question or challenge he hears from clients is:
How do I get value out of my people?
How do I get value out of what I invest in their training and competency?
We talk about:
- The factors that impact the cost of investment, and the value we get in return, with training and competency.
- What Chris typically sees in organisations when looking at their team capabilities and employee competency.
- Why a skills analysis is the foundation of understanding the skills you need, the people you have – and the training required to succeed at their jobs.
- Why validating the currency of employee competency matters.
- How a documented skills analysis significantly reduces compliance stress and risk.